PEPPERMINT OILUsed by many cultures all over the world, peppermint essential oil is a natural antiviral, antifungal, pain reliever, antibacterial and an excellent anti-parasitic. It is thus used for a variety of medical conditions and administered orally in dietary supplements or used topically as an ointment. Modern research has not only confirmed these benefits but also discovered many more. For this reason, peppermint oil finds its application in soap, cosmetics, ice cream, toothpaste etc.
Here are a few of the benefits of this amazing oil:
- Treats digestive disorders. Menthol helps relax smooth muscle and intestines in your stomach.
- Relieves muscle and joint pain. In addition to being a muscle relaxant, peppermint oil is a very effective natural painkiller with additional antispasmodic, invigorating and cooling properties.
- Respiratory benefits. Peppermint oils helps you open your airways, reduce and ease congestion. It is one of the best essential oils for flu, coughs, bronchitis among others.
- Improve energy and performance. This is a non-toxic alternative to energy drinks.
- Freshen breath and better your oral health. It has been in use as a natural breath freshener for as long as we know. You can add a drop of this oil to your store-bought toothpaste.
- Reduce dandruff and promote hair growth. It also helps stimulate the scalp and energize your mind.
- Peppermint is considered a stimulant and can therefore lift up your moods.