This 15% Lugol's Iodine solution is the Original Formula created by the French physician Jean Guillaume Auguste Lugol MD 1829, and later on by Dr Hulda Clark. It is suitable for both external and internal use.
Research has shown Iodine to benefit our energy levels and to improve our mental alertness and cognitive function, and it also helps in the metabolism of fats in the body. It helps the reproductive system, assists in nerve and bone formation, and helps produce full and shiny hair. It gives us a greater ability to tolerate cold, it strengthens the immune system and helps remove toxic chemicals and radiation from our system, and it even helps us in having a good night’s sleep.
Iodine is an essential trace element and an integral component of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are required for normal growth and development of our bodies. Proper amounts of iodine are needed for growth of our brain. Iodine is linked with normal cognitive function, and the process in the brain responsible for memory, attention, clear thinking, learning, reasoning, and decision making. Conditions linked to low iodine include ADHD, pregnancy loss, obesity, fibromyalgia, cognitive impairment, psychiatric disorders, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and other nervous system diseases.
The average daily Japanese consumption of iodine ranges from 5,280 to 13,800 mcg of iodine, over 25 times more iodine than Americans and Europeans due to their daily consumption of sea vegetables etc., and they have reduced rates of many chronic diseases. They also enjoy the No. 1 lowest obesity rate in the developed world, including the lowest rates of cancer, and they live longer and healthier than everyone on Earth.
THE THYROID GLAND
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped endocrine gland that is normally located in the lower front of the neck just below the Adam’s apple. The thyroid’s job is to make thyroid hormones, which are secreted into the blood and then carried to every tissue in the body. Thyroid hormone helps the body use energy, stay warm and keep the brain, heart, muscles, and other organs working as they should.
All organs and tissues in the body seem to be affected by thyroid hormones. A few additional, well-documented effects of thyroid hormones include:
- Metabolism: Thyroid hormones affect your metabolic rate, which means how fast or slow your brain, heart, muscles, liver, and other parts of your body work.
- Central nervous system: Both decreased and increased concentrations of thyroid hormones lead to alterations in mental state. Too little thyroid hormone and the individual tend to feel mentally sluggish, while too much induces anxiety and nervousness.
- Reproductive system: Normal reproductive behaviour and physiology is dependent on having essentially normal levels of thyroid hormone. Hypothyroidism in particular is commonly associated with infertility.
- Cardiovascular system: Thyroid hormones increases heart rate, cardiac contractility and cardiac output. They also promote vasodilation, which leads to enhanced blood flow to many organs.
- Growth: Thyroid hormones are necessary for normal growth in children and adults.
- Carbohydrate metabolism: Thyroid hormones stimulate almost all aspects of carbohydrate metabolism, including enhancement of insulin-dependent entry of glucose into cells and increased gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis to generate free glucose.
Thyroid Imbalances can cause the following symptoms
- inability to tolerate heat
- irritability or nervousness
- muscle weakness or tremors
- sleep disturbances
- vision problems or eye irritation
- dry, coarse skin and hair
- weak nails
- frequent, heavy menstrual periods
- hoarse voice
- inability to tolerate cold
- weight gain
- cold hands and feet
Supplied with a pipette for a precise dosage.
Content: 7.62mg per drop combined Iodine.
1. Please consult with your doctor if you have a thyroid or kidney condition or are on any medication, pregnant or nursing
2. Do not use if allergic to Iodine, if you are allergic to shellfish, then you are probably also allergic to Iodine.
3. When taking extra Iodine you should drink more fluid to assist the body in its detoxification.
4. No information mentioned here is intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any medical condition.
Items bought before 12 noon will be Dispatched on the Same Day.
Posting is only done on business days so there is no post at weekends, nor on Bank Holidays.