Due to its powerful anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, Tea tree oil is one of the most popular essential oils and commonly found in medicinal, cosmetic, body care and household products.
Derived by steam distillation from the leaves of the Tea tree, also known as Melaleuca Alternifolia, Tea tree oil is an essential oil with a fresh camphor-like earthy aroma.
- Helps to keep hair, skin and nails healthy.
- Makes an ideal hand sanitizer - Studies have shown that Tea tree oil kills several common types of bacteria and viruses.
- An effective insect repellent - Studies show that Tea tree oil is more effective at repelling mosquitoes than DEET ( the most commonly used ingredient in commercial repellents)
- An effective natural deodorant due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- An antiseptic for minor cuts.
- Encourages wound healing due to its ability to reduce inflammation and the way in which it triggers white blood cell activity, which is vital for optimum healing.
- Can reduce the severity of acne.
- Effective in curing nail fungus.
- An efficient all-purpose cleaner.
- May help to reduce dandruff.
- An effective treatment for Athletes Foot.
- Add to water and rinse fruit and vegetables for protection from mold.
- An effective treatment for head lice.
Disclaimer - Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The use of any information provided is for the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with your doctor or health care professional prior to using any Essential Oils.